What are the patient qualifications for shock wave therapy?
* The patient must have a chronic or persistent problem that has lasted for at least six months or more to try shock wave therapy.
* The patient should have failed at least three conservative therapies. Conservative therapies include: Orthotics, Cortico Steroid Injections, NSAIDS or anti-
ESWT is NOT for Patients With
* Neurological or vascular disease that has affected the foot
* A history of plantar fascia rupture
* Open growth plates
* Active medications prolonging or interfering with blood clotting
* A history of bleeding disorders
* Any metal within proximity of the treatment area.
* Nerve damage
* Rheumatoid arthritis
* Tarsal tunnel syndrome
* Diabetic neuropathy
* Severe peripheral vascular disease
* Metabolic disorders and infections